Sunday, May 18, 2008

Love, WB.

To learn and never be filled, is wisdom; to teach and never be weary, is love.

Six years of my life here, in this little big family, from young to old, from being naive to the mature self, I have to thank a lot of people along the way.
One of those, one of the most important, will be our Corps Superintendent.

If not for you, I will not be back. You gave me and my mates so many opportunities, for me to stand in front of the young ones with such confidence and presence, and experienced so so many, that when I didn't join the brigade when I was in Xinmin, I would've regretted it so much, that I'd lead a stupid life.

But I am sorry, really sorry. If Yongqing's squad gave you lots of troubles and disappointments, I am sure my squad did as well, or even more. Attendance, disciplinary problems, re-shuffling and re-deployments, ... , I wonder we were the worst batch in your years of being the TIC, especially when we were between CL Zuli's very strong squad, and Liying's.

Now that you are leaving us, after ten years of leading the corps, I wonder how are you feeling. I wonder, when you are in the other school, finding no black and white uniform group, no corps leaders calling you from outside the staff room almost daily, no rejecting of proposals and scolding of cadets, no parade square to stand on with hundreds of cadets looking up to you, or dreading your presence, Maam, I wonder, would you miss us?

I am sure you will, cos' we'll miss you too. We'll still bag those CAA Gold, those FAC trophies, those weird bowling competition awards, and many more back to our corps even when you're not with us physically. We'll still apply hell lots of badges until HQ don't have the stocks, we'll continue to produce quality and strong leaders for the corps and brigade, and maintain our undefeatable position as the strongest uniform group in Xinmin. I know when all these happen, you'll be as happy as when you're still our Corps Supt. I know you won't leave us.

And personally, thank you. For giving me a lot a lot of chances, even when you faced oppositions, even when your stand was not agreed by many others. For your persistance, I swear to serve as long as I can.

Thank you, teacher.
____________________________

Corps Presentation Night 2008.
Wasn't involved in all the fun cos' half the time I wasn't around, if not preparing for the farewell segment. But indeed it was the most memorable one I had, apart from CPN 2006. Good work Publicity, for producing something in only one or two weeks' time, since the preparation was so short. For that you all deserved a pat, especially Michelle Kenneth Esther and Tsern Ting, great work!

Saw lots of supersuper (old) seniors too! Maam Aminah, Sir Samuel, (even) Sir Charles, Sir Willy, Maam Sufang, Sir Eugene, CL Kokwei, Maam Ayu, and of course AC's dearest Maam Hawa. Remembered alot of them, cos' I learnt alot from them. Like Sir Charles, I think he only appeared once in my SJ life, and that's sec one where he taught us something, haha. CL Kokwei, who spent some time talking to me when I got CL rank at sec 4, and that inspired me. Maam Ayu, who guided me alot from ITC period till I became an instructor. And of course Maam Hawa, who scolded us and woke us up, all the way till we got our Zone Champions.
:)

I love SJAB. I love Mrs Tan!

(and CL Vivian, yet another successful project accomplished by the best parters of SJ! :D)

































































































































































No comments: