Sunday, June 10, 2007

dad.

sometimes when i sit down quietly, and watch time goes by.
i learn and realise alot of things, that i should N years ago.

humans are forever working, in this bustling and rapid-paced society.
nobody ever realise the beauty of nature around them, the beauty of people, and the beauty of their direct surroundings.
after when you stop and take a rest, you suddenly realise a lot a lot of stuff.
i realised, at the expense of not studying, haha.

today's my dad's birthday.

happy birthday daddy.
i still remember how i used to kick up a fuss when i was young.
how i thought dad was biased towards my bro and favoured him much more than he did to me.
haha, childish and naive pastimes.
in actual fact, he gave me almost everything i wanted.
i have everything i should have, what more should i ask more?

vividly, i still remember, after i got back my Olevels results,
he said something to me which i never forgot.
"8distinctions! *smile* i am very proud of you."

...
...
...

i was stunned, i really got a shock.
i was so touched i almost wanna cry.
a bulky guy like him, my dad, said this kind of fine words.
i never hear it before, he always suan me about my results jokingly.
really, it is the first time.
he was so proud, that he told the relatives and people like that.
he attended the meet-the-parents thing in TJC.
it's the first time in my life. he've never done so in xinmin.
i bet it's the first time in his life too.
he came back home that night with mum, telling me how good temasek was.

a time when i wanna transfer school, he said the decision lies with me, but he hope i stay in temasek. yadda yadda...
for that i stayed on.

...
...
...


happy birthday daddy :)

No comments: